Sep 30, 2022
In this week's Therapy Tip of the Week #7 (TTW), we talk about
how to use outcome monitoring tools, not as an assessment tool, but
as a conversational tool.
If you have missed the previous videos on how to improve working alliance, here are links:
1. Seek to be Dis-confirmed
2. The Devil is the Details Between Sessions
3. How to Elicit Nuanced Feedback
⏳ Time Stamps:
00:40: Not Just an Assessment Tool
01:08: Why Measure at Each Session
02:44: A Clinical Example of Conflicting Ratings
There are backfire effects if we use measures purely as an assessment tool. See this: The Tyranny of Metrics.
Note: Any personally identifiable information in clinical examples used are changed, in order to protect their confidentiality and privacy.
📜 Becoming a Deep Learner:
If you value lifelong learning and want to leverage this into your clinical effectiveness as a mental health professional, check out The Deep Learner course. https://darylchowcourses.teachable.com/p/deeplearner/ -
🎁 Finally, would like to receive 5 wicked handpicked recommendations each Friday? Subscribe to our Frontiers Friday newsletter: 🎯 https://darylchow.substack.com
Here's a sample of past FF newsletters:
1. On Highly Sensitive Persons: https://darylchow.substack.com/p/4760832_frontiers-friday-101-sensitivity-part-i-
2. On Emotions: https://darylchow.substack.com/p/4760804_frontiers-friday-95-emotions-part-i-
3. On Deliberate Practice: https://darylchow.substack.com/p/4760599_frontiers-friday-51-deliberate-practice-part-v-